a spring day

Yesterday was one of the most beautiful days in Prescott we've had so far this spring.  If only I could have somehow bottled it up and saved it for later! Truly lovely, and I'm so happy Adie and I took full advantage of the sunshine. We started the morning at Wild Iris, one of my favorite coffee shops in town. Adie got a jalapeno bagel and I got oatmeal.  Let me make a quick note about Wild Iris' oatmeal- it is so, so delicious. It's rich and hearty on its own, with just a touch of salt to bring out the flavor of the fruit. Oh, it's to die for. So we enjoyed our brunch, Henry finished his morning nap, and then we walked over to the square to meet my friend Jennifer and her son Sawyer.  Sawyer was born about a month after Henry and it was so cute to see the babies together. Jennifer is just the sweetest thing, and we all sat and chatted for awhile, then Adie and I headed over to the candy shop to indulge in some sweet treats. And indulge we did!  I got a small piece of white cherry chocolate fudge and a bag of chocolate covered pretzels. Yum. And it tastes even more delicious knowing that they make all the candy right there!

Days like yesterday make me so grateful to live in our beautiful town. It's a great feeling to love where you call home, and I'm very thankful to be surrounded by such beauty all the time! If you're an Arizona resident or just passing through, I'm currently working on a special Prescott post, just in time for summer day trips. I'm hoping to post it in the next two weeks.

Here are some photos from the day:


a springtime picnic

a springtime picnic

a springtime picnic

a springtime picnic

a springtime picnic

a springtime picnic

a springtime picnic

a springtime picnic

a springtime picnic

a springtime picnic

a springtime picnic

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days