Odds & Ends

Hellllooo! I have a bunch of random things to share so I thought I would share a few photos and a some odds and ends as well.















First of all, I've been having such a great time the past couple of days. Last night was extra-great because Hank took over on Daddy duty once Henry went to sleep and I got to enjoy a night out with friends. Amber and I started the evening off at The Raven up on the outdoor patio, then Adie came out and met us and we continued our night downtown. It was a great time (minus that Lone Star beer I tried in honor of Amber's visit from Texas. Yuck!).

Then today Amber, Henry and I headed down to Phoenix for the day so she could get more work done on her thigh piece. The wonderful fellow who tattoos us is a good friend of mine, so it was awesome to spend the day with him and his daughter, laughing and being ridiculous. All in all, awesome. And tomorrow night I'm having a girl's sleepover at my house. Can't wait for yummy food, dancing via Amber's new Michael Jackson game for the Wii, and going out for awhile too. Sleeping bags in the living room? Yes, please! Maybe we'll even play truth or dare. Obviously we're getting crazy.

Here are a couple blog-related things as well:

1) I've been getting tons of questions about the jalapeƱo mustard I talked about in this post!  Believe it or not, I got it at Walmart! Yes! And although I really don't like Walmart very much, I do like that they carry this mustard, so if you have been looking for it, check there. It's in the condiments aisle, with all of the regular (see also: less delicious) mustards.

2) Yes, Journal Day is continuing. I'm trying to get away from weekly features (I don't like feeling obligated to blog about something specific when I'm not feeling it- and journaling has to really be "felt," in my opinion), but I will be doing it at least 2x a month. The next one will be next week!

3) Recently I've been getting lots of questions about my camera. Lately I've been using my Nikon D60 more than ever, along with my brand new 35mm lens (birthday present from Hank).  I love it, and I've been having fun experimenting and trying out new things.

4) Yes, it's true. "Slice of" posts are coming to an end. I have about 5 or 6 more to share and that's it. It's been fun but to be honest I'm excited to wrap it up. The last few I have to share are awesome though, so yay for going out on a positive note! So to answer a very common question- no, I'm not taking anymore submissions.

5) I wanted to thank each of you for all of your support regarding Hello Giggles! I've been having so much fun being a part of their team and writing for them, and it's so neat to see your comments over there as well. I just wanted all of you to know how much I appreciate it, and you!

Have a great weekend! xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days