Sometimes when I'm feeling a bit down...

Sometimes, when I'm feeling a bit down or a bit stressed, or a bit anything-other-than-happy, I try and take a step back and focus on the simple things in life. A home-cooked meal bursting with vegetables- I take in the smell, the taste, the textures of all of the locally-grown, healthy, oh-so-good for you foods. I take a walk. I listen to the birds, pay attention to the wind through the leaves, and try to imagine how far the blue, blue sky goes. I call an old friend. I revel in the fact that although time has changed both of us, we are essentially the same little girls we once were. I read. I bake. I try and unplug, even for an afternoon. And now, since becoming a mama, I have one more thing to add to that list, the best thing of all, I think. Henry's laughter. Right now it's more of a screaming, squealing, can't take this happiness and I don't know what to do kinda thing. And it's adorable. I thought I would share some of this happiness with all of you, too.

Happy Friday! (I'll be back in a few hours with a links post).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days