Tattoo Tuesday V.84


Name/blog name: Tiffany Alexandria- forwardmotionproduction.comtiffanyalexandria.net

Age: 23

Occupation:
I am a receptionist and concession worker in the morning and a professional photographer by night.  I work at a sports dome answering phones and selling popcorn to your children, and on the weekends I am photographing or doing video for weddings!  I also do freelance design of weird sorts and nearly anything else to bring in some green.    

Age of first tattoo:
18

Favorite tattoo:
Tough question!  I'm not so sure that I really have a favorite.   They all have different meanings to me, but none really stand out more than others.

Featured tattoo/location:
Peonies on my right arm.

Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: My Peony tattoo, located on my right arm, was done up by Jason at American Inkwell in Pekin, IL.


1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

One of my most vivid memories from the only place I'll ever call home were the Peony bushes in the back yard.  I can remember always being so fascinated at the beauty of them.  I have no idea who planted them, or when, but they were the most beautiful flower I had ever seen.  It's more of a random memory I have, but it means enough to have it tattooed to the front of my arm.  I never want to forget being able to find beauty in the small things!


2) Do you have any other tattoos?  If so, what do you have and where?

The first tattoo I ever got was the quote " In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities. "  It was something I deemed myself to live by.  Over the years I've added around it (mostly on a whim) and it's actually the biggest tattoo I've currently got.  I must admit though, there is slight regret on how much I added to it!  I'm worried about prego belly and how it will look when that time comes :)


I went through the " I love this band and that band " phase and decided that I would get the idea from the cover of a CD.  It was the first CD I can remember ever being able to listen to every single song all the way through and absolutely love each one.  Therefore, the outline of a dead man floating to heaven made his way to my right rib cage. 


You'll find my third tattoo on the inside of my lip.  "Artist."  I did this shortly after moving back from Massachusetts   While hoping for a reminder of who I am, it seems to get lost quite often considering it's not the most visible tattoo I have. I also have yet to master the "is this still a cute photo even though we're looking in her mouth?" pose yet with this one...Any ideas?!


Fourth tattoo is located on the back of my neck.  "Lover" it reads.  I got this tattoo under a meaning of something I feel like I'll never really fully be able to explain to anyone.  It means more than "lover" of just one sort.  It helps to remind me that I have a passion for more things I could ever list off and that's really my purpose in life.  To love.


3) Do you plan on getting more?

Of course!  I need to finish my Peonies and then I'm sure I'll add elsewhere.  I don't have anything in mind at the moment, but like most of my other tattoos, I'm sure they will come on a whim.  The only thing I have planned out is where I DON'T want any future tattoos!  I think when I finish my right arm, I will probably wait until after the 'ol wedding day to get more.  I don't mind other people being all tattooed up for that occasion, but I just can't see myself as one of them.  I'm currently happy with what I've got! 

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)?  Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos? 

After getting my first tattoo while in college), I knew I would have some sort of battle to go through when my parents found out.  Of course I ended up getting my lip pierced out there as well, therefore, already hinting that I probably went all out and got ink too.  Parents were not thrilled about it and to this day still don't understand why I do it.

It's funny how often I get pulled aside or spoken to from complete strangers about my arm.  After getting the tattoo and getting use to it, I rarely even realize it's there.  It has, however, brought up some neat conversations and stories from other people that I have had the chance to speak to!  Good conversation starter :)

My best bud (boyfriend) does not currently have any tattoos but definitely plans on getting some.  When we first met I knew he was a little weird about how big my stomach tattoo is, but eventually realized it's there forever (I would hope so by now!)  He has a little different take on getting a tattoo than I ever really did.  He wanted to wait at least a year to see if he still wanted the same thing.  I can't blame him!  Getting a tattoo is a pretty huge commitment.  I will definitely be there supporting him when he gets his first ink though ;)



5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

Yes.  Definitely research and read comments and / or ask around about the artist you are going to choose.  It's just not worth it to go to someone because you're too anxious.  When I went for my dead guy tattoo, it was during a phase I thought I would be in the rest of my life.  Boy did that ever change!  I can't say I regret him, however, I could probably think of a few cooler things to put there now :)  It's always worth sitting on just a little longer though.  No need to rush! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days