Literate & Stylish: Emily from Ruffling Feathers

LS
The premise of Literate & Stylish is simple, and the post is short but sweet- every Thursday I'll be showcasing a lovely lady and her favorite book. She'll share a few pretty photos showing off her personal style, along with her book of choice, and tell us why she loves it. 


from Emily Frame, of Ruffling Feathers

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Picking a favorite book is exceptionally hard for me, as I can pinpoint certain books that altered my way of thinking at several stages of my life. Books have always been catalysts for personal growth, so much so that I declared Literary Studies as my major in college. Matilda when I was 8, The Perks of Being a Wallflower when I was 16, Streetcar Named Desire when I was 20. They all instantly transport me back to that time in my life, and a specific enlightening moment about life and love. So you see why it's hard to choose. For me in this particular moment of my life, I had to pick Bossypants by Tina Fey. It's beautiful and hilarious and speaks to me on so many levels. As a mother, as someone trying to make their mark on the world, as a business owner, as a wife and friend. I laughed until I cried, and when I read the line about problem solving, "Is this person in between me and what I want to do? If the answer is no, ignore it and move on." So simple, and yet so powerful. It has become a sort of mantra for me navigating my way through a see of naysayers and copy-cats. If you're not a big reader, you can download the audio version narrated by Ms. Fey herself, which makes it even better!




see previous Literate & Stylish posts here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days