Literate & Stylish: Lauren from Busy Bee Lauren

LS
The premise of Literate & Stylish is simple, and the post is short but sweet- every Thursday I'll be showcasing a lovely lady and her favorite book. She'll share a few pretty photos showing off her personal style, along with her book of choice, and tell us why she loves it. 



from Lauren of Busy Bee Lauren

The Great Gatsbyby F. Scott Fitzgerald

I had the hardest time choosing which book to highlight as my favorite book, because in all honesty, I have three books that hold "favorite book of all time" in my heart. While I love The Hunger Games, and Jane Eyre equally, I decided upon The Great Gatsby. I remember choosing to read this book back in my junior year of high school for my AP English class. I didn't know anything about it, other than the title sounding familiar. Once I began reading, I was immediately transformed to a completely different time. The roaring 20's seemed so glamorous and beautiful, and I was captivated by it. I was enchanted by Fitzgerald's prose and imagery he created. I knew at the age of 16 that The Great Gatsby had easily filled the "perfect book" spot in my brain. Yes, I have a spot like that. So whenever I feel the need to escape to a different time and place, The Great Gatsby is my go-to read.





see previous Literate & Stylish posts here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days