Our Weekend in Photos

The past few days were chock full of things to do, and I'm sitting here thinking back over all of it and feeling extra grateful that Hank doesn't work on weekends anymore. I love having Saturday and Sunday to do all of things we love- cook and enjoy great meals, take some downtown strolls, and this weekend we even got to enjoy the first ice cream cone of summer.

On Friday morning I hosted a playdate at our place, then Henry and I spent the rest of the afternoon doing things around the house and running a few errands between nap times. Later that night we met my friend Veronica, her husband Trevor, and their son Max (Henry's favorite buddy) for Mexican food. Saturday Henry and I met Veronica and Max for a long walk and a trip to our local Farmer's Market. It was such a beautiful morning and we had a great time soaking up the sun. I came home with some really, really delicious vegan spinach artichoke dip and a potato samosa for Hank. Later that afternoon I had a hair appointment, and I lightened up the dark hair I've had forever. It feels so nice to be rid of that harsh color, and I'm glad I finally did it! We also cut off a couple inches and I'm really happy with it, even though we still have to get a bit of the brassiness out next time. The rest of the day was full of family time, downtown walking, and some delicious treats. And today was more of the same- the Whiskey Row benefit was happening on the square so we spent a bit of the day checking it out and enjoying the pretty weather...and trying to ignore the wildfire smoke that is unfortunately filling the air.

On a side note, this is the first time I've really edited my photos outside of Picnik. Isn't that crazy? I have photoshop on our computer now and I'm still figuring it out, but I'm having fun making my photos look a lot better.  And I can't believe it took me so long! I want to go back through ALL of the photos I've ever posted and clean them up and make them look prettier. But that would take forever and be crazy, so I'm starting fresh from here. I'm really looking forward to taking a million photos this summer, so I hope you guys are ready for it!

Here are some snapshots from our weekend -

Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12DSC_0055Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12DDDSC_0091DSC_0020Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12 DSC_0085DSC_0097Whiskey Row Benefit Weekend, 5/20/12DSC_0117

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days