Mother's Day Weekend

Oh, Monday. I typically really love Mondays but today I'm dragging a bit. I got up early to get my cardio out of the way at the gym, then Henry and I went food shopping, and now all I want to do is nap! I'm one of those people though that can't sleep at night if they nap, so I know it's out of the question. Plus after being out of town for a few days there is way too much to do around here to "waste" one of Henry's naps sleeping myself. So here I am, counting on this bright screen and my ever-growing "summer" playlist on Spotify to keep me going until the little guys wakes up and we head out to tackle more to-dos.

This weekend was awesome. Saturday morning we walked up to the gym and had a great workout, then later one Hank and I headed out to Scottsdale to celebrate one of my best friends turning 30. We spent the day swimming at the beautiful Montelucia, and had a great night out with so many people we love, toasting to Shirley. Hank got a little crazy and even had a red bull! Haha! On a side (but related) note, can I say how nice it is to be around my oldest friends? I love new people, and new experiences, but there's something to be said about those friends who knew you "before" and "way back when." We all have so many amazing memories and funny stories between us, and when I'm with these girlfriends it just feels like home.

Sunday my family and I went to brunch, then spent all day swimming, sunning, and eating! I got to spend it all with my Mom (who is the best mother in the entire world), so my day was made from the start. Add in some pizza and chocolate covered strawberries, and it was better than anything I could have imagined. I'm still on Cloud 9.

Here are some photos (a mix of iPhone shots/my regular camera). And I hope all of you had the happiest of Mother's Days too!

Untitled-2UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled-556265533-d72f-4df0-8abf-ff10b990cf10UntitledMother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Untitled-7Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Untitled-4Untitled-6Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days